theme #1 - "reduce, reuse, and redux" - a redux edit by zwinglys
- 400px/500px posts
- drop down navigation with up to 6 custom links
- choice of left or right sidebar with positioning
- custom favicon
- pre-installed back-to-top
- sidebar image with positioning
- choice of repeating background or full background
- optional custom scrollbar
- optional custom selection
- optional custom tooltip
- optional image fade
- choose to show permalink footer or not
- choose to show tags or not
- choose to show captions or not
- customizable colors (links, backgrounds, borders, text, titles, etc.)
- choice of sidebar background, sidebar border, sidebar rounded corners
- choice of post background color, post border, post rounded corners
- choice of footer background color, footer border, footer rounded corners
- you may edit the css/html as you wish
- do not use as base code
- do not claim code as your own
- and especially DO NOT remove credit!!!
please like/reblog if using/planning to use! please message me if there are any concerns or questions! thank you and have a great day! vuv
first theme! it took me a while to do but in the end it paid off ;v; it was a lot of fun though, so i may be making a lot more themes and pages in the future!
small tutorial for newbies to anatomy :) hopefully this is understandable and helpful !
140605 // also updated the folder!!
hello!! i have been editing my themes for a long time and people have always been asking me where i get my backgrounds, pixels and etc. so here is a masterpost with my theme file and resources!!
i am gonna be updating this a lot so keep an eye on it!!
How I pratice drawing things, now in a tutorial form.
The shrimp photo I used is here
Show me your shrimps if you do this uvu
PS: lots of engrish because foreign
This is the best art advice ever and you should all listen to it because it’s basically what I’ve been telling people for years.
i was not expecting that to actually work
Reblogging every time this pops up on my dash because this is helpful for everyone .
Hello, dear followers!
Over the last couple of days I’ve gotten a lot of new followers, and I’ve also gotten lots of questions on writing. While I’m trying to get through them all, I figured I would create a little something of a MASTERPOST, so that those with questions that I have already answered in the past can get back to writing as soon as possible :D
NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL WRITING ADVICE (VOLUME 1)
- M. Kirin’s (Strange) Guide to Planning Your Novel
- Publishing Battle: Indie VS Traditional
- M. Kirin’s origin story (feat. how to finish your first novel)
- How to regain the motivation to finish your book
- I’m afraid writing is a waste of time
- I’m in the middle of the story and I’m stuck
- I feel that everything I write sucks
- I’m certain I’m the worst writer in the world
- I want to write a book but I have no idea where to start
- How much description/scenery is too much?
- How can I write faster?
- I want my readers to love my characters
- I think my book may be too short for my genre (feat. a talk about filler)
- Max’s strange tip for overcoming the first sentence
- How to overcome the first sentence: remix
- How do I write introverted/shy characters in social situations without having them be invisible?
- How do I write a character who is a different gender/race/age than me?
- My story doesn’t have an Antagonists, should I add one?
- Oops I killed one of my main characters by mistake, what do I do? (feat. a talk about death, dying, and roleplaying games)
- Max’s writing advice for fleshing out romantic relationships
- Max’s favorite music to listen to while writing
- Max’s secret for starting books, and finishing them
- How do I turn my book into an eBook?
Now, if you don’t mind me, I have quite a few answers to get through c; I will see you around, cuties! Oh, and remember, if you want more writerly content, make sure to follow me: maxkirin.tumblr.com!
thanatos redux edit by tetralyte
i dont know how to make nice looking previews but ok. this is the third redux edit already. Cool
- 250px / 400px
- small icon for sidebar!! you can upload your own picture
- drop down navigation bar
- limited color options but theres color option for navigation bar, links, tags, borders and scrollbar
- 5 extra links
- a favicon
- show/hide tags
- you cant move the sidebars unless you edit the codes yourself though, sorry!
if you have any questions please ask off anon
so i put together a couple of sites and links that are pretty helpful for studying, school etc, :) all the links are free and work and are all pretty useful so enjoyyyyy - ellie x
- maths help
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- microsoft word equivalent
- coffee shop sounds
- how to study guide
- essay structure guide
- help in a ton of subjects
- calm/nature sounds
- download free books
- maths knowledge site
- tips for a productive study break
- falling asleep tips
- how to google
- how to wake up in the morning
- improve your studying skills
- teaches anything
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- cheap & healthy snacks
- quick and easy soup recipes
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- study snacks
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipes
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- yoga poses
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- compliments generator
take a few minutes break
Some links I have found in various Tumblr Posts that I have saved on my computer. I do not take credit for collecting all these links. Unfortunately, I did not have the mind to save/note where these various links come from. Thank you to whoever compiled these links together.
General Writing Tips, Guides and Advice
How to be Confident in Your Writing
Start Your Novel Already!
Why First Chapters Matter
How to Outline a Novel
Word Building 101
Common Mistakes in Writing
Tips on Getting Started
What Not to Do
7 Tips to Become a Better Writer from Stephen King
How to Use Reading to Become a Better Writer
Why Writers Must Read
How to Finish What You Start: A Five-Step Plan for Writers
31 Ways to Find Inspiration for Your Writing
10 Tips to Write Fanfiction
Writing a Blurb
10 Writing Tips
Point of View
Speed Up Your Writing
Recieving Bad News
Useful Writing Apps
Plot and Conflict
What is Conflict?
Where’s Your Conflict?
Adding Conflict to Your Scenes
Guides for Using Inner Conflict That Makes Sense
Plotting Your Novel
Internal and External Conflict
The Top Ten Plotting Problems
The Elements of Plot Development
Writing a Plot Your Own Way
Develop a Plot
Tension and Conflict
Your Plot, Step by Step
Plot vs. Exposition
Plot and Conflict
Character DevelopmentHow to Describe the Body Shape of Female CharactersCharacter Apperance Help
Words to Describe Voice
Body Language Cheat Sheet
Character Development Exercises
101 Character Development Questions
Art of Character Development
Characters You Need to Reinvent
Making Characters Likeable
Heros and Villains
Understanding Body Language
100 Positive Traits
Mental Illness in Writing
Conflicts and Characters
Indifferent, Distant Characters
Being a Bitch
Writing Nice Characters
Writing Characters with Mental Illness
Writing Male Characters
Playing Male Characters
Characters with Glasses
Writing Female Characters
Writing Intriuging Male and Female Characters
Spelling, Punctuation and GrammarPlacement of Speech TagsGrammar and Spelling
American vs. British Grammar
How to Use the Semicolon
Introduction to the Basic Rules of Punctuation
All About Dialouge
11 Grammar Tips
Correct Use of Apostrophe
40+ Tips to Improve your Grammar and Punctuation
Better Writing: Grammar & Spelling
Semicolons and Colons
Underlining and Italicizing
Dashes and Parentheses
List of 1000+ Adjectives
All About Names
Genre Based20 Tips to Writing Love ScenesOn Love And Sex
All That Sex!Writing “Real” Men in Romance Fiction
How to Write a Kissing Scene: Valentine Edition
How to Write a Kiss? And Should You Write Sex?
The Keys to Conflict
Writing Gender-Specific Dialouge
Things Smut Writers Should Know
How to Write a Sex Scene
3 Secrets to Writing Sex
Writing Love Scenes
Why You Should Write Love Stories
How to Write Horror
Horror Plot Cliches
25 Things You Should Know About Writing Horror
Plot and Character in Horror Fiction
7 Laws of Comedy
5 Secrets for Improving Comedy Writing
How to Break into Comedy
How to Be Funny
Mystery Writing Lessons
10 Rules for Mystery
- jfashion magazines!!! (helps out with outfits/people)
- paint online!!
- some paint tool sai brushes!!
- mypaint (its free and its kinda like photoshop its really cool!)
- firealpca (its free and its pretty much a mix between sai and photoshop!!)
- photoshop (for free! and other stuff)
- more textures
- more brushes
- bonus: a kawaii photo editor
4 all u kids who wanna study some figure drawing/anatomy
- Figure Drawing For All It’s Worth - Andrew Loomis >PDF download<
- Mastering Drawing The Human Figure - Jack Faragasso >PDF download<
- Figure Drawing Design and Invention - Michael Hampton >PDF download<
- Dynamic Figure Drawing - Burne Hogarth >PDF download<
All the downloads are free they only take a little bit time to download because these are big files!